| Elder Fife and Funk with Sister Clark, Memmot, Ford and me |
Tuesday I got my new Australian companion Sister Young! And yes. She does sound a lot like Rebel Wilson. :) she is so cool and I know we are going to love this transfer! We drove from Chico to Redding, unpacked her bags, talked to a bethel student, and scidaddled away from a dumpster diving homeless man outside our apartment. What a first couple hours in Redding! :)
Wednesday we had the worldwide mission broadcast. I learned that a good missionary is repenting daily and praying constantly. I have applied this this past week and oh my goodness. It's awesome! There a lot of changes in the schedule and other things. It's weird, but it will be great!
| Redding Zone after conference |
I have spent a lot of time studying about pride this week. I learned from a talk called "In Praise of Those Who Save" by Elder Uchtdorf near the end it says that pride is the opposite of love. In the addictions recovery manual, it says that pride is the opposite of honesty. I realized that pride is the opposite of any Christlike attribute. As I have worked on having more humility, it has made it so much easier to have a more Christlike character!
| Filipino dessert called Halo-halo |
Ok. Sunday night text from Gabe.
"K. Today was a day to remember. I can't tell you how different my life is for me compare to before. Thanks again for helping me with the hymns too. I understand it better now."
We taught Tracy and her brother Davy and I just love them both so very much. Getting to hear their story. Their trials. And how they are handling it. I see how much faith that they have and how much they desire to follow Christ and I just love them. They are amazing. Tracy and Davy are both coming to church this Sunday. Davy commit to church this Sunday. This is huge and awesome! Tracy is coming to Book of Mormon class Tuesday. This is so huge!
Ok. Sunday night texts from Tracy.
"What time does the Book of Mormon class start so I can go to?"
"Ok I'm going to be there"
"I'm excited about the Book of Mormon, after reading it lately and the blessing I got yesterday I'm feeling very happy which is good because I haven't in a long time"
Sunday night our neighbor Yvonne was talking to me and telling me how I have so much light and she just really wants to know. She wants to know how we place Joseph Smith and Jesus Christ. She wants to know about how our faith in Jesus Christ gives us so much light. This is so exciting. Yvonne has been taught by missionaries before, but not too much. She wasn't actually ever really interested. This is a miracle!
| The Predator out in Igo |
| Sister Ford, Elder Funk and Fife and me |
I love and miss my family and friends back home. I also love and miss my mission friends who are either home now or just so far south in the mission that I can't see or talk to you. I think about and pray for you often. I love hearing from you!
Love, Sister Crowther
No comments:
Post a Comment