Tuesday, January 24, 2017

20 years old now


#notinkansasanymore


Apologies.
Guys.... I'm the worst. I'm sorry. I looked at another sister's mass email and it was forever long. Like scrolling forever. Of course she had only been out 2 months. And I don't want to bore you either. It's hard for me to know what to write about my week. Because now it's not so different to me. I'm pretty used to it and I feel like I'm going to say the same things every week. And then there're things I probably shouldn't tell the world. And times where I grow on such a personal level that it's a little less appropriate to share in mass. But I do have things to share and I will try to do better!

                Newsflash!
Soooo.... Wow! I've now lived for an entire score :) 20 years. Such a scary age. And I'm on my 6th transfer. A transfer is 6 weeks. I'm on my second transfer in Redding and I successfully sent my companion Sister Ford home. She will see and get to hug her family tomorrow in the airport and then hopefully sleep a lot. :D This last 6 weeks have been very different than my first 4. As will they all have their many differences. I am sooo excited for this next transfer. I have so many areas where I can improve and I am excited to start the goals I have set to be a better more humble servant of the Lord. My new companion is Sister Young and she is so so so sweet. She has been out about the same time as me. She is from Australia and has a thick Australian accent. I am stoked to show her Redding and she called me on the phone telling me how excited she was for Redding. This is going to be a great transfer. Also I am the designated driver in this big city.... so prayers! :) It'll be great!

Normal mission stuff. :)
We had a lesson with Norman and it was really good. Previously, he told us he did not understand the spirit. He wanted to understand it better. We were able to direct him to a couple different sources. And we read some with him. I am so grateful for the gift of the spirit to be with me always as I strive to repent and do the best I can. I am also grateful for the power that the spirit has in all of our lives and I know that as we follow the promptings we receive to change and be better we will have its influence in our lives and we will be able to better allow the love that Heavenly Father has for us fill our lives.
We also had Book of Mormon class that night and Book of Mormon class is always fabulous and spirit-filled. We start our study with a question and then study and have faith that we will find that question through the spirit. It's real! It really is! I know that as we strive to change that God is helping us. I know that the Book of Mormon is an inspired and true book about Jesus Christ and when we read it we can receive revelation!

Say what?
Guess what?! Judith set a date to be baptized! It was a great miracle to get to set a date with her before Sister Ford left. Judith is going to work towards baptism on the 18th of March. She is so so sweet! And I love her willingness to follow Christ and learn of His Atonement. As we learn more about the Atonement we are filled with the desire to follow Him and His teachings and accept the plan that our Heavenly Father has for us. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ truly changes us. I know this because it changes me every day and you don't have to give up all your time for it. You simply learn and follow His Commandments and apply His Atonement in your life. I am so grateful for Christ and The love that I feel embraced in. I want this for all that I teach!

I love you guys soooo soooo much! Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment