We worked so hard this week and it felt so good! Even though the temperature was up to around 112 all week, it was our best week yet. We had 19 lessons which is really awesome for our area, if you'll remember we just opened our area a transfer before I got here. We have a couple new investigators and were able to find some less actives to teach. Less active work is so amazing because most already know what they're missing and want it back. They are already familiar with missionaries and so it's not a hassle helping them know our purpose. Yet, you are truly helping them find Jesus Christ wherever they are at in their lives. Teaching these concepts and testifying is so fun! Exactly what I want to be doing with my life. Seeing the joy in others as I help them is the best ever! I attended a baptism with an investigator because she wants to see one before hers. I've had such a great week of fun, work and learning.
Here is part of my Saturday journal entry. I love it. So I will share. :)
"I ran a mile without stopping this morning! And then some. Love you! We have a meeting with brother Eccles this morning and then service and lesson with Lisa. We have a ton of finding to do today. Hopefully I see miracles! :) I'm really happy today. I woke up and just got up and ready to go running. It was great. And then we got ready and had studies and every time I read the Book of Mormon, EVERY TIME, the Spirit testifies to my heart that Jesus Christ is my savior and that He loves me. I know that he knows me and carries me. After reading in he Book of Mormon I opened gospel library which happened to be on the atonement bible dictionary, and I really like that it says the atonement helps us correct and overcome the consequences of sin. That it's not just ok I'm clean again, but we are continually healing through the atonement. We are mending the relationship we have with our Heavenly Father. Because sin truly does pull us away from God and the atonement is the way to heal those wounds we have inflicted upon our souls. Then I started reading this talk by Cheryl A. Esplin: the sacrament- a renewal for the soul. And that very much talks about how we should be using and thinking about the enabling power of the atonement. It was so great. I had this deep study about the Atonement
this morning without even meaning to study the atonement specifically. My studies started me off great!"
Love ya'll!
Sister Crowther
Here is part of my Saturday journal entry. I love it. So I will share. :)
"I ran a mile without stopping this morning! And then some. Love you! We have a meeting with brother Eccles this morning and then service and lesson with Lisa. We have a ton of finding to do today. Hopefully I see miracles! :) I'm really happy today. I woke up and just got up and ready to go running. It was great. And then we got ready and had studies and every time I read the Book of Mormon, EVERY TIME, the Spirit testifies to my heart that Jesus Christ is my savior and that He loves me. I know that he knows me and carries me. After reading in he Book of Mormon I opened gospel library which happened to be on the atonement bible dictionary, and I really like that it says the atonement helps us correct and overcome the consequences of sin. That it's not just ok I'm clean again, but we are continually healing through the atonement. We are mending the relationship we have with our Heavenly Father. Because sin truly does pull us away from God and the atonement is the way to heal those wounds we have inflicted upon our souls. Then I started reading this talk by Cheryl A. Esplin: the sacrament- a renewal for the soul. And that very much talks about how we should be using and thinking about the enabling power of the atonement. It was so great. I had this deep study about the Atonement
this morning without even meaning to study the atonement specifically. My studies started me off great!"
Love ya'll!
Sister Crowther
No comments:
Post a Comment