This week was so good! We came home knowing we worked our hardest every night. It was so great! There were so many miracles throughout the week. And we biked and walked a lot! Tuesday we started with service for Julia. She's so sweet and I love
her more and more every time I see her. We had the Hermanas and the elders help us with Julia's backyard. Near the end my companion, one of the elders and I climbed the best climbing tree I've ever seen. It was so fun! And Julia loves watching us have fun and work together. We got so much done. I worked hard sawing trees! I have done so much yard work service while being here that I have found a new love for it. Even in the heat, it's so nice to be out in the sun working hard.
We had a lesson with an investigator on the law of chastity. It was beautiful. I know she felt a little awkward with the subject which we tried so hard to avoid. Before diving in we discussed the scripture Proverbs 31:10 where it talks about a virtuous woman being above the worth of rubies. I know that as we understand our relationship with Heavenly Father everything else comes naturally. That night we witnessed a miracle of our faith and diligence! It was 8:45 at night and we had no idea what to do until 9:00 which is when we are to retire for the night. So we drove around for a couple blocks until we decided we were near a place where we were trying to find an inactive member. We saw a house and decided we would knock it even if it wasn't the correct house. We got out and it we knocked it. The lady that answered was very welcoming and asked us to pray for her because she was going in for surgery in the morning. She said she would call us soon afterwards. Her daughter is a recent member of the church as of 2 years and her granddaughter just got baptized so she is very willing to be taught and even asked if she could feed us one night. This does not happen everyday people! Sister Cozzens and I were so grateful we diligent and found someone so ready!
Wednesday we drove so far trying to find a house address that didn't exist so we drove out for miles in the rice fields. We drove until
a dead end. So we decided to get out and Take pictures together. It was fun. But we felt bad we didn't find the house we found out didn't even exist. Thursday we had sooo many lessons! Busy days are the best and every day has gone so fast with so much fun and work and fun in the work. Friday we had car fast so we slept at the other sisters' house because we had more work in their town for the day. We biked 4 miles to service and 4 miles back. My companion and I and two elders. Oh my goodness. My BIKE! The seat kept falling! It was so annoying. I had to make the others stop a couple times to pull it back up and then I figured out how to tighten it real tight and the elders helped tighten it.
Then one elder made me switch him bikes. His bike was soooo nice! Awww! It was the nicest thing ever. My bike is the worst. He trailed behind everyone because my bike is so bad. And so I traveled behind with him. Then he got a flat on the way home and we were like we're not going to make it!!!!!! And then we biked on flat tire until we got to a member's house who had an air pump for us. We filled up a couple tires on some bikes and we're off again! So fun and the sacrifices made to make sure we each made it were incredible. Once we got back to Gridley. We quickly showered and biked to the church for lunch and weekly planning ( I am still on the Elder's bike because he refused to let me suffer on my bike AND I now had his backpack so that I didn't have an annoying shoulder bag while biking...smh). We had a good celebration of a birthday and one year marks during lunch and then walked and biked the rest of our appointments that night. It was a great day and the Elders really watch out for you whether you want them to or not.
Saturday might as well have been car fast. We biked all day until dinner. We didn't even come home for lunch because we were having so much fun biking and felt sooo productive. I am now on my own dumb bike, but it's still good. We were just feeling so great. We saw Julia and she pulled over and talked to us. It was so great. Miracle that morning was that an inactive we are teaching and dropped off the face of the earth called us. I had just finished one of the most sincere prayers to help me find those who are being prepared and he called. I missed the call though and we called back, but no answer. So we biked the whole 3.5 miles out to his house and talked to him. Miracle is that he was actually home. How amazing. Biking brings so much power because we can get into houses by asking for water or restroom and just get to know people so much better. People also have a harder time turning us down when we biked so far to see them. Another miracle is that we found a new moved in part member family by biking around. We saw a girl and she came up to us and said hey I have a question for you guys. She needed a ride to the dance. She said her name was Hannah and that she just moved in and it clicked. She was the daughter of this family that we were on the way to find. Which was honestly such inspiration. We were going to her house and I was like let's go to this other house first which was not even on the way. My companion and I didn't agree very well at first and then we decided to do it and so we did and that is where we met the family we were going to go see. The daughter and the mom and the grandma. We have yet to meet the dad who is the investigator. But what a miraculous day and week!
I had an the worst and best p-day ever today. It was so crazy, but I will write and tell you about it in the next email... Coming soon. :) lets just say the craziest day ever and that is why I am safely emailing y'all so late today. Didn't even have time for grocery shopping. Oh well. Guess we'll live by faith this week. :)
My Goal this week:
Always look for ways to serve.
her more and more every time I see her. We had the Hermanas and the elders help us with Julia's backyard. Near the end my companion, one of the elders and I climbed the best climbing tree I've ever seen. It was so fun! And Julia loves watching us have fun and work together. We got so much done. I worked hard sawing trees! I have done so much yard work service while being here that I have found a new love for it. Even in the heat, it's so nice to be out in the sun working hard.
We had a lesson with an investigator on the law of chastity. It was beautiful. I know she felt a little awkward with the subject which we tried so hard to avoid. Before diving in we discussed the scripture Proverbs 31:10 where it talks about a virtuous woman being above the worth of rubies. I know that as we understand our relationship with Heavenly Father everything else comes naturally. That night we witnessed a miracle of our faith and diligence! It was 8:45 at night and we had no idea what to do until 9:00 which is when we are to retire for the night. So we drove around for a couple blocks until we decided we were near a place where we were trying to find an inactive member. We saw a house and decided we would knock it even if it wasn't the correct house. We got out and it we knocked it. The lady that answered was very welcoming and asked us to pray for her because she was going in for surgery in the morning. She said she would call us soon afterwards. Her daughter is a recent member of the church as of 2 years and her granddaughter just got baptized so she is very willing to be taught and even asked if she could feed us one night. This does not happen everyday people! Sister Cozzens and I were so grateful we diligent and found someone so ready!
Wednesday we drove so far trying to find a house address that didn't exist so we drove out for miles in the rice fields. We drove until
a dead end. So we decided to get out and Take pictures together. It was fun. But we felt bad we didn't find the house we found out didn't even exist. Thursday we had sooo many lessons! Busy days are the best and every day has gone so fast with so much fun and work and fun in the work. Friday we had car fast so we slept at the other sisters' house because we had more work in their town for the day. We biked 4 miles to service and 4 miles back. My companion and I and two elders. Oh my goodness. My BIKE! The seat kept falling! It was so annoying. I had to make the others stop a couple times to pull it back up and then I figured out how to tighten it real tight and the elders helped tighten it.
Then one elder made me switch him bikes. His bike was soooo nice! Awww! It was the nicest thing ever. My bike is the worst. He trailed behind everyone because my bike is so bad. And so I traveled behind with him. Then he got a flat on the way home and we were like we're not going to make it!!!!!! And then we biked on flat tire until we got to a member's house who had an air pump for us. We filled up a couple tires on some bikes and we're off again! So fun and the sacrifices made to make sure we each made it were incredible. Once we got back to Gridley. We quickly showered and biked to the church for lunch and weekly planning ( I am still on the Elder's bike because he refused to let me suffer on my bike AND I now had his backpack so that I didn't have an annoying shoulder bag while biking...smh). We had a good celebration of a birthday and one year marks during lunch and then walked and biked the rest of our appointments that night. It was a great day and the Elders really watch out for you whether you want them to or not.
Saturday might as well have been car fast. We biked all day until dinner. We didn't even come home for lunch because we were having so much fun biking and felt sooo productive. I am now on my own dumb bike, but it's still good. We were just feeling so great. We saw Julia and she pulled over and talked to us. It was so great. Miracle that morning was that an inactive we are teaching and dropped off the face of the earth called us. I had just finished one of the most sincere prayers to help me find those who are being prepared and he called. I missed the call though and we called back, but no answer. So we biked the whole 3.5 miles out to his house and talked to him. Miracle is that he was actually home. How amazing. Biking brings so much power because we can get into houses by asking for water or restroom and just get to know people so much better. People also have a harder time turning us down when we biked so far to see them. Another miracle is that we found a new moved in part member family by biking around. We saw a girl and she came up to us and said hey I have a question for you guys. She needed a ride to the dance. She said her name was Hannah and that she just moved in and it clicked. She was the daughter of this family that we were on the way to find. Which was honestly such inspiration. We were going to her house and I was like let's go to this other house first which was not even on the way. My companion and I didn't agree very well at first and then we decided to do it and so we did and that is where we met the family we were going to go see. The daughter and the mom and the grandma. We have yet to meet the dad who is the investigator. But what a miraculous day and week!
I had an the worst and best p-day ever today. It was so crazy, but I will write and tell you about it in the next email... Coming soon. :) lets just say the craziest day ever and that is why I am safely emailing y'all so late today. Didn't even have time for grocery shopping. Oh well. Guess we'll live by faith this week. :)
| The Relief Society President in our ward. |
Always look for ways to serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment