Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I love pomegranates!


Hello my amazing family and friends!

So this week was just completely packed with miracles! I just want to write everything but that would be like a 10 page email. But this week was just awesome! I'm loving Liberty 1st ward and Sister Cozzens! It's crazy that she leaves me in two weeks. It is so uncommon that we get to stay together for three transfers, but I am so blessed and grateful that we had that amazing opportunity. We're working really hard together and we work really well together, so it's a huge blessing. And we've been seeing so many miracles together! I am so nervous already to leave Liberty and I still have two months! Not that I won't love my new area and that someone else won't do a good job here, but there are so many people that I love and have grown to understand and bond with. There are so many new investigators just getting started or not started. What I don't train my next companion on the area well enough that she just loves it like I do when I leave? Or that I forget to tell her to keep contacting someone or something? Idk. I'm very excited for the transfer. I'm excited for the change, but I also see more responsibility coming in as I take over the Liberty Ward which is a really important responsibility for this Ward in particular. But that's another story.


We've been fed sooooo good all week because sister Cozzens is leaving so they've been making special meals before she leaves. It's so nice yet so not good for me! Haha just kidding. I am really figuring out exactly what routine I want for eating and exercising and it's really neat to have such a strict schedule, yet still my own agent. It helps me train myself with good habits to take care of myself for the rest of my life.

This month's focus in my mission is the restoration. Last month was prayer. I love this month's focus! It's so great. Literally every time my companion and I teach a restoration lesson, we get soooo excited! The rest of the day is so good! We set a goal to bear testimony of the restoration of the gospel everyday for the rest of our missions. If we have a rough day with cancelled appointments or just did not get to bear testimony of the restoration then we will find a member in our Ward to bear testimony too before we retire home. I love this goal. I remember reading in preach my gospel that every time we teach and everyone we teach we should always bear testimony of the restoration. I love all that I am learning here and I am trying my best to make the gospel of Jesus Christ not what I do, but who I am.

Brother Eccles and his family
We went on exchanges on Saturday and I was with Sister Thomas who has only been out four weeks. We get along really well. She is the sweetest person you'll ever meet. It was way fun. We walked most of the time and had a lot of lessons just because we were walking and passing by people we've had previous contact with. It was so great! The day went so well and it was a blessing to get to be with Sister Thomas for the day.

A really awesome miracle this week happened on Friday. Sister Cozzens and I met Paul's Dad. Paul is getting baptized on Saturday and we met Paul's dad last Friday to get his parent permission signature and just to meet him and make sure he knew he was invited to come and to also learn about the things we teach. It was awesome! His dad is sooo nice. At one point we were talking about me trying to learn Spanish and then before I knew it I was testifying of the Book of Mormon and setting up a time for Paul's dad to meet with us again. Paul's dad had asked me the difference between the bible and he Book of Mormon and I explained a little bit and we set up a time after church on Sundays to start meeting to learn about it. We were so excited. He is going to church and Paul's baptism. We are so happy for Paul and his dad!

We had three all absolutely great lesson. One was with Paul and we planned his baptismal program before the lesson. The Ward mission leader's son gets to baptize Paul and it's just so exciting! Another lesson, the person we teach actually asked so many questions and we were actually able to approach her concerns instead of just teaching a whole other lesson that didn't apply to her 100%. It was so nice. The last lesson was sooo awesome. We really bonded with the family and learned a lot about what they had gone through and I'll never forget the testimonies they shared an d am so excited and proud for them. I love them so much.

I love it here and love everything I am learning. I can't imagine missing this wonderful opportunity for anything. Last, but not least, I was on a high from the news about my new baby niece and nephew! :)

 I love you all!

Love, Sister Crowther

No comments:

Post a Comment