 |
| Interviews w/ President. He is so amazing! |
Last Tuesday we had exchanges with the STLs. I was super nervous because I was taking over my area with one of the STLs. So sister Watson came to Live Oak with me and it was actually pretty good. We went to Julia's for service first. I actually drove because sister Watson said she was tired of driving. The entire day I only had to map out one address. And I learned the area after that. I recognized street names and found them on my own which helps me a lot now as I try to get myself places in my mind even though sister Cozzens drives. After service at Julia's, we came home and had lunch. We had to park in the driveway because the hermanas had taken our parking spot. After

lunch we backed out. She backed me and I backed the car. My first day driving. My first time backing. I ran into a medium sized rock. I was so so embarrassed. I was so focused on watching her hand signals which were confusing the crazy out of me that I did not use my own driving awareness. I scraped the rock on my tire. Front tire. Might I add thy this tire has been hit by the hermanas in their Toyota a couple times without even a scratch? Well my Chevy Cruz had a giant scratch on the tire and I was so so embarrassed. Sister Watson was like unsure of whether we should let someone know or not. It was so awkward and we drove to our next appt. coming out of that appt I decided to tell Sister Watson we should just tell someone and I didn't care if I never drove again. I was so humbled at this point. So we called Elder Heiner, our leader in charge and told him. He was like it's fine. The next day the car was making this high pitched chirping sound so that's
dramatic. But I'm over it now. We're getting it checked out. They don't think it has a lot to do with the rock fiasco. They are retiring the car in January anyway.
This Tuesday we had exchanges so that was bitter sweet! Sister Cozzens and I had to take that day to drive the hermanas around because Sister Christensen had to go north and then south to pick up her new greenie missionary. So we spent the day with them traveling. It was fun, but not super productive. This week we have had a lot of lessons getting people excited for
general conference! We get to hear straight from
God's prophet and apostles today. I am so excited! My favorite parts are the testimonies at the end of each talk. Every speaker testifies of
Jesus Christ. And the spirit is so strong. It was sooo good and we also taught about the
restoration three times. And we had an investigator commit to baptism. It was a stellar day! Wasn't the women's broadcast so good?
Also I gave a talk Sunday! I was sooo nervous! I didn't really feel great about it afterwards. I felt a little like I rambled too much about myself. I gave it on faith and used a couple experiences and of course other materials. But people seem to not only have loved it, but connect with me so much better! They really give high compliments to me and are so much more interested about me and where I live and my life. It's super nice. So it must not have been too bad. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment