Hey everyone! Happy Independence Day!
Wow! I'm in California! And I haven't taken time to write anything for days. Tuesday we got up at 3am and lugged our whole life all the way to the shuttle to the train and through the airport. I had the chance to call my parents which was absolutely fabulous/slightly stressful. We could not find the pay phones anywhere and there were so many missionaries using them all. So I had a quick call before I boarded.
We got in to California and as we were landing my nervousness turned instantly into excitement. I made it! They have so many rice fields near Roseville. That was interesting to see from the plane.
President Marston met us at the airport and we sat in a bunch of training and had interviews. I love love love it here. We have so much support from so many leaders. After my interview with President Marston I felt so loved and supported. He has like 6 daughters so I heard the sisters get spoiled in this mission. We stayed in hotels and went to bed so early -like 7 :) My roommates were so sweet and I love them both. One came from the Philippines (because she couldn't get her visa to come out for 4 months) and one came from the the Mexico MTC. They are the sweetest girls and we got so deep so
quickly. Idk if I ever clicked so fast with two girls ever.
The next day we got our trainer companions! We stay with these companions for 12 weeks so we can become completely trained. I was super nervous for this, but wow was Heavenly Father part of this
decision. Yes, He very much was. My companion is Sister Cozzens, from Georgia, and she couldn't have been more of what I needed at this time! She is the coolest, happiest, best companion ever. She always
builds me up and we work hard. We have found that we are practically the same person, but not. Haha It really is great. We laugh all day every day. It's perfect. And the two of us also got to eat at President and Sister Marston's home before we left :) already the favorite jk! We live with two Hermanas which is so cool.
The next day we had our district meeting and I met a lot of investigators which is awesome. Oh by the way I live in Live Oak- just in case you were wondering :) Every investigator I meet makes me more and more excited to be here. The place I went to was just opened 6 weeks ago. So we are just building the work and doing a lot of finding which was what I was most excited for so that's really cool. Like I said the sisters are really spoiled so sisters only have two biking areas and I'm in one of them. I love that. Right now we are car, but as soon as I am able to ride we are biking which I am so excited for. The heat and humidity really doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I actually enjoy it most of the time, as long as I drink lots of water. I'm strengthened by the Lord.

I'm in a smaller town which makes me more comfortable. City would have been hard for me because even Live Oak and Gridley seem big to me. :) There is so much that the MTC can't prepare you for. For example, door approaches, which I never thought would bother me. I'm still learning
so much and having an iPad really does hasten the work. Technology used with a righteous purpose is such an instrument in the service of God.
Brother Eccles is my ward mission leader and he's the bomb! He's so energetic and he does selfie Sunday's to send to my parents :)
The fresh peaches are amazing! We just pick them at our members houses and eat them. They have everything! Peaches, kiwis, apricots, plums, grapes, nectarines, walnuts, avocados and so much more. Our neighbors and members give us so many fresh vegetables and fruit. We have this jelly in our fridge that is apricot pineapple! Oh! It is sooo good! I eat it all the time!
We find a lot of Spanish speaking investigators that we have to pass on to the Hermanas. Sister Cozzens says I will probably take over the area when I am finished training. I have no idea how I'm going to learn everyone in the ward. Or where everyone lives! And I don't know how To not compare my next companion to her.
P-day!!!!! Preparation-day has been absolutely amazing. Everyone keeps telling me to not expect every time to be as awesome because this has been their best p-days also.... Haha We played kickball with slip n slides for bases and it was soooo much fun! I mean, missionaries don't get to play in water like ever :) it was the best to be able to absolutely mess around after working hard all week. Then we came in and played basketball. Of course I played volleyball pepper with our Polynesian elder, Elder Tu'ua. It's just what I do :) Again I LOVE my district and zone! I guess not every zone is as tight as ours though.
Happy 4th everyone! Remember a huge blessing we have is religious freedom which opened the way for the gospel of Jesus Christ to be restored on earth again which enables us to return to our loving
Heavenly Father again. I know that through the Atonement we are strengthened and miracles and blessings are offered to us everyday. I have seen many miracles this past week. As I see more in my life that are less personal than these recent ones I will share them. I love you all!
Cowabunga!
Sister Crowther

California is lucky to have you. I'm excited to be able to read about your journey and proud that you are doing such an awesome service to so many. Way to go Sister Crowther keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete