Hey! I got something to say!!!!
So background on Rocklin - more than any other city, EVERYONE leaves on holidays. It definitely changes the work! Also, Rocklin is one of the most transitory cities to live. Transitory? I think that's the word I want. What I mean is everyone moves back and forth and back and forth or just in Rocklin for a job that's going to move them in not too long. I wish we would have counted the number of uhauls we saw this week. We saw two or three about every time we got in our car! Also we are getting really skilled at packing and moving people around. I never ever want to move. Either that or I don't want stuff. Sometimes when packing people I just want to bring the dumpster to the back door and toss a lot of it. Things that I'm just like, "don't clutter your new house with this! Don't do it!" I want the bare minimum. I am so tired of stuff that clutters my life. But I DO love when people give us the opportunity to help them pack up while we get a chance to get to know them. That's something I love - people. Even though packing can get a little mundane and even frustrating sometimes, I love getting to know and spend time with the people. I learn so much from all the different people I meet. It's a very neat experience to learn from so many people of different culture, status, beliefs, or just different way of life.
I can instantly love these people and that is a gift I've found here that I hope never leaves. It is the greatest feeling to love. I feel like I had quite the epiphany after dinner when sharing a spiritual thought. Now, don't take this as doctrine, but it is something that rang true to me and just kept ringing for a couple days. I just couldn't believe the thought that came to me. The thought is that Love is the language of the spirit. It truly is and I truly believe that. If there is no love the spirit is not there. Love is how I feel the spirit. It is through love that the spirit speaks to me. And I have never truly been able to help someone else unless I loved them first. Of the effect that I have been blessed to see from my missionary work, I see the tie to the Love that I had - not any teaching skill, knowledge, or talent. But LOVE! It was the driving force for persistence, diligence, patience, service, faith, or hope. There are times when I have a deep love for a person I've just met and I have no idea why. I know that the spirit guides us in our work and strengthens us to do God's work. It is just the most amazing feeling and I'm quite sad that missionaries must go home one day, but going home doesn't change much. We can use what we learn and live the way we've paved our path to live, but with our families when we do return home. It's exciting the things we learn! Everyday my companion Sister Cowden and I have been talking about our amazement of what we learn from people.
We had a great talk with Joe this week. We sat out on his front lawn with just him. He really opened up and shared some news with us regarding his family. It was really an awesome chat. The spirit was felt and we were able to continue to work towards his goals and we expressed our love for him. I know that Joe will get baptized soon. He may need some time, but he has a burning testimony and a great relationship with Heavenly Father. He still expresses desire to serve a mission. I am very proud of him and can't wait to watch him as he holds onto the blessings the gospel of Jesus Christ teaches and offers.
Thursday our mission president and wife President and Sister Marston went home. I cherish them so much! They worked so hard here for three years and Loved everyone so deeply. If there's anything they will be remembered by it is LOVE. The LOVE they had for all the missionaries and people they met just poured out of them. I am so happy for them to be home with their family! Our new mission president and wife are President and Sister Ward. I am so excited to meet them! I get to meet them tomorrow! We have a meet the president Conference tomorrow on the 4th. The assistants have said so many awesome things about them! It makes me so excited to meet them and really get to know them. :D We'll see how it goes.
| Going to Chico...Spanish Speaking! |
Love you guys with all my heart! ❤️
Love, Sister Crowther
#notinKansasanymore
No comments:
Post a Comment