Monday, April 3, 2017

Conference!



I am doing so fabulous here in Rocklin! My companion is obedient and ready to work and all the missionaries in my zone are extra diligent and great missionaries. There's no way to fail here. I mean. I'm not talking about numbers. I'm talking about obedience and working hard. Numbers are actually quite low. Nobody is home and nobody wants to talk to us. We are in a pretty wealthy area with some gated 🏰 communities and other wealthy neighborhoods, but that's ok. Our zone was super like, k! We HAVE to get in the double digits for new investigators this week. So we worked really really hard and checked up on each other throughout the week and we not only got double digits for the first time in a long time in this area, we got four extra! :D 🙌🏼 it was soooo cool. That's how it should be. It feels sooo good to make meaningful goals and actually come together working as hard as we can to reach them. 💪🏼 It's so cool!

This sounds very exaggerative, but I literally have moments when I am with the missionaries in my zone here that I think, "This is Zion. Right here. This is it. I want to stay here and I don't want to leave." Like the other day, we met up with most of our zone to practice for our zone conference song and 4 elders show up with 12 inch subway sandwiches and there were 4 sisters there. One set of sisters showed up later and the APs were traveling with President. So anyway. When the elders found that we hadn't had lunch, they decided they would each half their sandwich and give the sisters one of their halves. 🍔 It took some convincing before we finally gave in and let them share their lunch with us, but we were all sitting at a picnic table eating at the church building and then one of the elders started playing the ukelele and we sang hymns and children songs until everyone had finished eating and then we practiced our zone Conference song, abide with me 'tis eventide. 🎼🎻🎶 It was sooo fun. After this lunch time we all took off to share the spirit we felt, but before we took off we said a prayer together. Ah! Not being on a mission won't be the same. It's so different. And I'm not saying the whole mission's this way. It's not. But this zone is. And I LOVE it. It's Zion. I literally just wanted to happy cry sitting with everyone and realizing how much we LOVE each other. 💕We are so family. Closest zone I've been in since my first transfer and it is out of diligence and love for each other and Heavenly Father.

Monday we went to top golf with 3 other companionships of elders. 🏌🏻‍♀️ Ha! The whole time I was wishing I actually knew how to play golf. 😂I don't know if the elders knew neither my companion or I actually golfed before they invited us. But we had fun! Haha my accomplishment was hitting the ball. 👌🏼A good clean hit was all I wanted. I didn't care how far it went or where it landed. Top Golf is a super fancy golfing place it's way fun! Then we went to a super good Chinese place and I played so much volleyball after that! 🏐I love playing volleyball when people will play with me. It is sooo great. But it also is the reason I struggle with kneeling for my prayers all week long. 🙏🏼 Lol my left knee has bruise on top of bruise because I play like I have knee pads. It's alright. Today we are going to a sand volleyball court instead. That should give me a good break to heal up from the court floor. ☺️

Tuesday we did service in the morning at a thrift store and then lots of cancelled appointments and no answers. That night we had a great lesson on the plan of salvation with a recent convert and his wife. It was so good. This family is very very solid and it is so fun to teach them.

Thursday we had zone Conference and it was sooo soo awesome! I LOVE the time we have to be instructed. I am always so enlightened. 💡 We talked about the new Easter initiative which by the way, you should allll watch! When we practice taught, Sister Marston came and stood with my group again and I was so grateful for the advice she gave. She helped me see that we are not only testifying of Jesus Christ and His Atonement, but of the truths and power that have been restored. I noticed already on Friday in our lesson I was able to apply this knew perspective in my teaching. In our lesson I just felt like I had found a puzzle piece in teaching the restored gospel. It just felt way more powerful and right. Idk. It was so great.

💧 In this lesson Friday we were able to pick a date with Kelli for baptism. It was awesome. The two wards I am covering have not had a convert baptism for years. We are so excited. 🤗 We talked and testified of the Savior's redeeming power that we can take advantage of and the access we have to that because of the restored gospel. She thinks the first vision is just amazing. She loves it and believes the Book of Mormon to be true. She loves that we have modern day prophets. We invited her to come to conference and she seemed excited. We also invited her to read 2 Nephi 31 and think about baptism. We set a date for June 17. 📆 She picked this date herself and said that she would like to be moved in to her new place before baptism. It should still be within the Ward.

General Conference this weekend was inspiring! As always! I LOVE hearing the counsel from the prophets and apostles. This week has just been a Conference type of week! 📝📚 I learned sooo much. One of the things I took from conference was the feeling of urgency I had to learn the language of the spirit. To learn to recognize and respond to the promptings I receive. Not only that, but to be aware and seeking of that spiritual guidance. If there is anytime in my life that I were to learn that the best time would be now. While I am on a mission. If I don't learn it now, would I take the time and effort to do it later? When? What better time than now. That is going to be at the top of my goals for the rest of my mission. And hopefully the rest of my life. I want to be a first responder. 👩🏻‍🚒👮🏻‍♀️
I also LOVED something C. Scott Grow said. He said the Savior enables us to know Him by becoming like Him. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. What better way to know the savior than to become like Him.

💕I LOVE this gospel and I LOVE sharing my testimony and helping others recognize the importance of making and keeping sacred covenants with God. The importance of knowing the Savior and becoming like Him. I had this thought and my brain just started singing, "I know who I am. I know God's Plan." It hit me so hard. I know who I am. How blessed I am to know who I am. I am a daughter of God. You are a child of our Heavenly Father. The king of the Heavens! He who is the author of the plan of our salvation. Of our happiness. Of mercy. You are His child. YOU ARE ELECT! How wonderful it is that we know God's plan! I belong to the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am more than grateful for this identity and purpose. If you know this, learn more. You will never comprehend the Atonement 100%. Keep studying. Keep walking. If you are wondering what all this means to you, email me. I would LOVE to talk to ya about it. I'm serious. Maybe we could call and chat for a bit. Please talk to me. This truth is so important and like I said, I LOVE talking about it! ❤️ ☺️

One more thing! :D Again I really really want you to go to Mormon.org and watch the video that comes up. It's so good! And that is what I'll be showing to everyone I see this coming week so I'd LOVE to hear your comments and suggestions!

Love, Sister Crowther

#notinKansasanymore

P.S. go to Mormon.org ☺️ You can do it!

P.P.S. Now share the video via social media... lol on whatever social media there is nowadays! 😂 because I wouldn't even know.


No comments:

Post a Comment