Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day - lots of water!

Whiskeytown Falls...I can't read the sign:)


This week has been so grand! Last monday we played basketball and volleyball! I love playing sports. I have found though that volleyball's really not fun unless played competitively. But it's fine. At least I get some serves in. :)

Sundial Bridge day before they release water at Shasta Lake
One of the biggest updates that I have for this week is Judith! We might be moving her baptism date up to two weeks from now. It's quite exciting, but not sure if we can do it yet. She is a very special lady. She loves what we teach her. She loves the Plan of Salvation that God has presented to us. She especially loves the part about how when we get resurrected we will have perfect bodies. It's amazing! Oh! She just knows this is what she wants. She wants to be baptized and tells us how excited she is. It will be an amazing baptism. She can't walk so we will have a couple gentlemen helping her. Someone suggested a swimming pool. Epic! I'm so excited! She is so ready and we want to do it before she has some surgeries. I'm also glad that it has a chance of happening before I leave Redding. That is a tender mercy. It's ok if it doesn't though. I'm just glad that there is a chance. I am so excited for this baptism!




Record Flooding!
One principle I have thought a lot about this week is happiness. Happiness is a choice. Sometimes we are in circumstances that make it so that we have to choose happiness more often. Like maybe we feel like we are constantly having to choose, but we still have the choice. I also know we choose obedience. We choose forgiveness. Whether it is for others or ourselves. These are choices we make. We can learn to act not react. Someone in the YSA branch told us this saying. Don't be scared of shadows. Because that means there is light coming from somewhere. There is always a reason to smile. Always a reason to be happy and loving. Find it. And then help someone else along the way. :D

Love y'all!
Talk to ya next week!

Love, Sister Crowther

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see pictures Jenny. You look happy and healthy. We miss you. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete