Two weeks down, one to go and then I'm out in California! We get one hour at night before lights out and that is a huge struggle for me because I want to prepare for bed, make friends and talk to people, prepare for the next day, and study. Balancing these things is tough for one hour. Let's just say talking to people has become more of a priority and writing in my journal less - kind of sad. Especially now, as I was made a Sister Training Leader this past week so I have to talk to the other girls and make sure I know what they need. I can't know what they need until I have get to know them. And we double our zone on Wednesday. I'm a little stressed about that because that's so many more girls I have to interview and welcome. I love it though. It helps me remember what I felt on the very first day. Last Wednesday when our new district came we barged in their room and yelled WELCOME TO THE MTC! And they just stared at us. No smiles. They looked like they were going to cry. We were like Oh! sorry! and got out of the awkward classroom that held our shocked new friends. haha We were so confused why they weren't more fun, but thinking back on it, first day is the worst and so overwhelming. Everyone is contemplating what exactly they got themselves into. I know now to be lots more gentle with the newbies :D I think because the MTC was so hard for me at first, I can really relate and help the girls. I know it helped me anytime someone else said that they were also homesick at first because you look at them and know that it will get better.
The food is so bad this week because they are constructing and fixing up the cafeteria. I think this week we are going to have to walk to the cannon center. I feel bad for the newbies who never tasted the good food.
On Tuesday night, we had devotional with Elder Soares from the seventy and his wife gave her testimony before he spoke which he had translated to english for us. I loved it because she said that if you want to get to know the Savior, serve him. If you want to get to know Him better, serve Him better. It really struck me and I thought, How do I serve Him in my life? And then I took it further. How do I serve Him as a daughter? missionary? sister? friend? student? Aunt? CNA? Piano Player? Employee? Coworker? Volleyball Player? Companion? This new mindset blew my mind and has changed everything I do. I constantly have that question in my head. How am I serving my Savior now? and what roles am do I play?
I relied heavily on Christ and His Atonement before, but I have never before appreciated and relied on it so much as now. I know that Christ knows us individually and as we put our faith in Him we can access the redeeming, healing, and enabling powers. We can be so strengthened and our weaknesses can be made strengths. I feel the guidance I receive from the Holy Ghost and my Father in Heaven. I feel the love of Christ and my Father as I put my trust and devotion in Them.
Wow way to go Sister training Leader. Keep up the good work. <3
ReplyDelete