Tuesday, June 14, 2016

1st Week

Hey guys! The MTC is so great! I am having a really hard time with homesickness. I'm kind of a big baby. Sometimes I think that I just cannot do it, because I miss home so much. But other times I can see that I will be fine. My district is really great I love them. My companion is Sister Heder. She's from Tooele, Utah. I have learned so much about the simple doctrines that Christ has set up for His church. It really is the simple things that we do. We are studying so much about the importance and the need for the doctrine: faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. Like I knew they were important, and I had a testimony of this, but my testimony grows every moment I am here. Teaching the people is much harder than I expected. I have testified and taught people all my life, but my nerves are on end here and I feel like I have to have an answer for everyone's problems. Not to mention I am constantly wiping away my own tears from homesickness. I just want them to know that I am also on the difficult road of continual conversion. I am not perfect. Sure, I am a representative of Christ, but I am only doing my best. I have to go now because I am running out of time. I had a great day today playing Volleyball with the Polynesians. :) I am bound to get in trouble soon because I have a hard time keeping myself from diving on the court - which is against the rules because it is too competitive and we might get hurt. :/ I am trying, but I cannot let a ball drop - not in my nature anymore. It's all reaction. I still serve well. :) It was the most care free fun I have had since I have been here. It felt great to be care-free. I take that for granted. Oh, and by the way I check email like everyday. I just can't type any until Preparation-day.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard leaving your family, I so get the homesickness, but each day will get easier and on top of that before you can blink your mission will be done. Then your going to be sad your coming home too soon. You got this girl.. <3

    ReplyDelete