Tuesday, December 20, 2016

25 Days of Lighting the World


Mary and baby Jesus
Light the World
#NotinKansasanymore
#LighttheWorld
#THANKSgivingFilled

I love this video so much! It is one of my favorite Christmas messages. It clearly shows Jesus Christ as the LIGHT of the world and how we can follow His example and be the LIGHT of the world. (John 8:12, Matt. 5:14-16)I love it so much and I love that Christmas is all about LIGHT! Putting those LIGHTs up everywhere, but you can share LIGHT this Christmas in more than just a physical way, but by kindness and service.
LIGHTtheWORLD — Follow the example of Jesus Christ. Share His light —serve as He served. (2:37)

Christmas gift...
Cutie!
This week was different with so many out of town or busy with family. Everyone is so happy with their families and friends in the holidays. It makes me happy, but some of our visits this week have really actually made me pretty sad. We have a couple of people who are not members of our church that I have grown to love so much. They each have such rough trials at the holiday time.

  • The first is Sylvia. She is so sweet. She had to have some kind of foot surgery and you can just tell that life is really hard for her right now. We are able to do service for her this week so I am excited to get to know her better and teach her about the LIGHT of Christ. :)
  • The next is Bill. Bill is the sweetest man I know. He is always sooo so happy! He came to church with us one time and then has been hard to meet with lately because of different medical trips to the hospital and this week we learned that he was just diagnosed with leukemia. Bill still has so much cheer and hope. He reads the Book of Mormon pretty regularly. He knows that Joseph Smith was called to be a prophet. He is just so happy and a bright hope to other people. He still plans to dress in an elf costume and Santa costume just to make people smile. He is the coolest. Anyway, keep him in your prayers. He started chemotherapy today.
  • Next is Janice! Janice is one of my favorite findings. She has some personal problems in her life right now and as soon as she separates herself from them she will be more able to meet with us. She plans to change her life circumstances and needs help doing so.

     My heart goes out to all three of these people. They are so sweet and in such need at this holiday time. One of them was just thanking us up and down for not giving up on her and coming to help her and the other two both begged. Just pleaded. For us to not give up on them. I hope I never forget the feelings I had with these people I teach and work with. I love them so much. I won't forget them just pleading for us to not give up on them. Telling us "[we are their] faith". I love my mission so much and I learn more and more each and every day. I would challenge you all to remember the people around you who may not be having the jolliest holidays and be a LIGHT to them in 25 ways over 25 days. Seriously. I want the world to do this! Make it big. Do it and then share the video and challenge your friends to do it!




Oh we are heart attacking Bill's door tonight with good sayings and love. It's a good example to start y'all off! :D
Love y'all so so much and enjoy the holidays!  

Sister Crowther

1 comment:

  1. Prayers for Sylvia, Bill and Janice. You are growing so much and it is so awesome to see the light you are for so many. I bet the cookies were delish. <3

    ReplyDelete