day leading up to her baptism.
We then had exchanges on Tuesday. That was a really weird off exchange. I'm determined to never let exchanges go that way again. It was a good learning experience. We had such a fun lesson with sweet Ruby about the plan of salvation. We had the lesson with a family of 4 lot her little kids and they were so involved and so fun to teach. I love teaching this family because it's fun to come up with creative, fun ways to teach kids.
Thursday, we had an awesome lesson with Paul about the plan of salvation. Paul has recently struggled with the death of a person who was very close to him. This person was killed by anger shooting. Paul has been having a really rough time with it for a couple weeks. When we taught this lesson we taught it to the needs of Paul. We laughed and had fun with him and then sat down to have a lesson. We read from the scriptures and explained the resurrection and beautiful plan of
Heavenly Father. With the spirit there, Paul opened up and started asking questions about death and the spirit world. It was such a beautiful lesson. I learned and gained so much testimony from getting
to teach Paul. I finally realized why people take death sooo hard. The questions he asked broke my heart. I know that we are blessed with the restored gospel of Jesus Christ who leads our church today. I am grateful for the knowledge and sense of purpose at gives me.
I am so thankful for the Atonement in my life. I have been teaching the story of the ten lepers. If you haven't read it, it's only 8 verses in Luke. Luke 17:12-19. The story goes like this: ten lepers plead with Jesus to be healed. Lepracy is a terrible skin disease. Jesus heals every single one of the ten. One comes back and glorifies and praises God. He thanks Jesus. Jesus questions where the other nine are that were healed. He tells the one that his faith has made him whole. I know that Jesus Christ has overcome physical death for us all. That we will all be resurrected with perfect bodies. Spiritual death (separation of us and God) is also overcome, but through our gratitude which is shown by the use of the Atonement. We use the Atonement when we repent and are baptized by the proper priesthood authority given from Jesus Christ. Then are we made whole - as we apply the Atonement in our
| Sister Cozzens got to come back for Elizabeth's baptism |
Love Y'all!
Sister Crowther
How exciting for Elizabeth , I bet her baptism was truly a tearful joyful one. Poor Paul, I'm so happy he has you guys there to help him through this awful situation and show him he will meet his friend again. Keep up the great work. <3
ReplyDelete